My career as a writer, editor, strategist and content creator has always focused on my deepest passion: Helping people live healthier lives.
My work includes:
- Print and web content for health and medical clients, custom publishers, government agencies and non-profit organizations
- Patient education materials
- Public health campaigns
- Features, profiles and essays for national and custom publications
I’m also the author of You'd Be So Pretty If: Teaching Our Daughters to Love Their Bodies -- Even When We Don't Love Our Own (Da Capo Press, 2009), a non-fiction book exploring the powerful effect that a mother’s self-image has on her daughter.
- Chief, Office of Health Promotion, Rhode Island Department of Health
- Chief of Strategic Communications and Media Relations, HealthSource RI (state-based health insurance exchange)
- B.S., S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University
- Advanced Social Media Strategy, Syracuse University and Hootsuite (2015)
- Crisis and Emergency Risk Communications (CERC) basic certification, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2012)
- Member, American Medical Writers Association (AMWA)
- Member, American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA)
- Fellow, Women’s Policy Institute, Women’s Fund of Rhode Island (Class of 2012)